A router is the backbone of every home/private network. Hence it is important to properly configure the router in order to protect your network and information from the prying eyes. Configuring your router means that it will now be able to communicate with your network components, thereby connecting all the devices in your home to the internet. When it comes to NETGEAR router login & setup, the configuration and installation steps are rather simple and straightforward. Once you connect the router to the network or simply turn it on, you connect to the router via your computer’s internet browser.
The manual that came with the router will guide you to access its administrative panel and make further changes and configuration like setting up password and username. This article will guide you to set up and configure your NETGEAR router for internet connection.
Steps to NetGear Router Login & Setup:
The information we are going to provide is about how to configure the broadband connection with your NETGEAR router using the Smart Wizard user interface.
- Connect the modem to the NETGEAR router’s internet port and the computer to the LAN port.
- Restart your system including the router and broadband. Wait until all the device finishes booting up.
- Next, launch the internet browser and in the address box, type your router’s IP address. It can be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254.
- Now for accessing the router’s administrative panel, log into the router
- Your NETGEAR router comes with a default username and password. Locate it on the box.
- Next, click the Setup Wizard and select Yes and hit Next.
- The Setup Wizard will determine the type of internet connection. For broadband connections, the Setup Wizard identifies Dynamic IP.
- Now click Next to save the settings. You are advised not to change your router’s default settings unless the internet service provider (ISP) has given you specific DNS information.
- Now go to Maintenance and click Router Status to check you are connected to the network.
This is one simple procedure using which you can setup your NETGEAR router for broadband internet connection.
Netgear Router Setup Using a Wireless Device:
In case you don’t have a desktop to setup your NETGEAR router, you can always use your smartphone, laptop, and tablet to access the internet. All you need to do is connect your wireless device to your NETGEAR wireless router’s preset wireless settings and perform the configuration for internet connection. Follow the given procedures to safely install your router using a wireless device.
- First, connect the Ethernet cable from the broadband modem to your NETGEAR router’s internet port.
- Turn on the broadband modem and wait until the lights stop blinking.
- Next, turn on your router and wait for the lights to become solid.
- Now start your wireless device and go to the WiFi connection manager.
- Find the WiFi network named NETGEAR.
- Click Connect and it will ask you for the password.
- In case, if the network doesn’t show up, check the wired connections once again or open the internet browser on your wireless device and type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com in the address bar.
- Enter the default username and password that you can find from the box
- Now, configure your wireless device.
However, in case if you to set up a DSL connection, then you will probably require PPPoE (username and password) credential from your ISP.
Netgear router login & setup for Broadband Internet Connection using Netgear Genie
If you want to configure your NETGEAR router with Genie user interface for broadband internet connection, follow the given steps.
- First and the foremost thing to do is unplug the router and modem power cords.
- Now connect the router and modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect another Ethernet cable from your system to one of the LAN ports of your NETGEAR router.
- Restart the modem and router and wait for the lights to become stable and solid.
- Now launch the internet browser and in the address box, type your router’s IP address. If you don’t know your router’s IP address, open the Command Prompt > type ipconfig > and hit ENTER. You IP be displayed.
- Next, you will be prompted to log into the NETGEAR router.
- Enter the default Password and Username.
- Once you log into the router, select ADVANCED > click Setup Wizard. Now choose Yes and hit Next.
- Once the configuration is finished, Congratulations page will prompt. Under this tab, click ‘Take me to the Internet.’
We hope that you will find the necessary NETGEAR Router Login & Setup guide in this article. As said earlier, the installation process is very easy if you follow the instructions step-by-step. Once, you have set up the configuration, immediately replace your old username and password with a strong new one because your network is prone to hackers and unauthorized users who are prying on your personal information. Furthermore, if you still face any issues or problems, you can tell us in the comments.