D-Link offers networking devices like a router in addition to providing network connectivity solutions to small and medium-sized business. The company’s products and services include networking solutions for wireless bridging, network storage, cable and DSL modems, PoE adapters, network adapters, routers and more. D-Link founded in 1986.
D-link Router Setup Instructions and Login Guide:
- Obtaining your modem’s configuration pages does not require the Internet connection n as these pages stored are inside your modem. These computers only need to be connected with the modem.
- Now open your Internet Browser and in the address field type in http://192.168.1.1
- When indicated type in the Username field and Password field then click on the button appearing as “Log In” button. If you have not modified the password and username for the modem administrator, the factory settings are Username as admin and Password is also admin.
- “If you cannot remember the password which you specified to the modem you will require to reset the modem settings to the factory defaults easily by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds. Please note that this will relapse all the settings in the modem to its original settings that are nothing but factory settings and again you need to reconfigure it including your Internet settings and Wireless security. Make assured you have your Internet account details which are given by your Internet Service Provider handy: D-Link Technical Support Configuration using Web Browser”.
- Next login to this, you will be given with the modem’s configuration sides. The Setup Wizard will begin automatically. If not you can start it under the Setup tab on your window. Click on the Setup Wizard button.
- The Setup Wizard will show the steps required to configure your modem router. Now click on the Next button.
- Change the password that is used to access your modem router. Click the Next button. D-Link Technical Support Configuration using Web Browser (Setup Wizard).
- Select your Time Zone. Click the Next button to continue.
- Give your Internet Service Provider details: select Country and your Internet Service Provider. If your Internet Service provider option wasn’t listed, select “Other”. Providers typically use these settings: Protocol: PPPoE; Connection Type: LLC; VPI: 8; VCI: 35
- Providers in New Zealand usually use these settings: Protocol: PPPoA; Connection Type:- VC-Mux; VPI: 0; VCI: 100
- Set your Internet connection. In the Username and Password field, please type in your Internet account details as given by your Internet Service Provider. Click on the Next button.
- Set the name for your wireless network. Type in names for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks, something that you can quickly identify.
- Set the level of security you want to use on your wireless network. It is recommended to select the “Best” option (WPA2). D-Link Technical Support Configuration using Web Browser.
- Set the security password for both of your wireless networks. Note this password as you will need to enter it into all your devices trying to connect to this D-Link Wi-Fi network for the first time.
- After you click on the Next button, your modem router will apply the selected settings. The next steps are optional. If you wish to proceed with setting up mydlink Cloud Services – click on Next. Otherwise, click on the Connect button.
“Your modem router’s Internet and Wireless configuration are now complete”.